Egan Eagle's Curriculum Map 2021/22
Some useful Information.
Welcome To Egan's Eagles
Things to remember:
- P.E day is Monday and we will also be swimming this half term on Friday morning. For PE please can children come into school in their kit.
- Reading Books – In KS2 children have two reading books; a guided reading book to read in school and a home reading book to read at home. The home reading books will be changed once a week from January (every Monday). Please try and read with your child as much as you can at home even if it is just for a few minutes.
- Spellings – Words will be sent home every Monday via Seesaw to be learnt and practised for the test on Friday. Each word needs to be written in a sentence to show understanding of the meanings and to encourage the use of these words in independent writing.
- Homework – Homework will go home every Wednesday via Seesaw and is to be completed by the following Monday. The work will be on a variety of curriculum areas and support the class work. Please talk to your children about the work and ask them to explain to you what they are doing, as this will help their understanding.
- Seesaw - This will allow you to keep up to date with what your children are learning in class and see examples of their work and also allow access for any required Home Learning.
Happy New Year!
For English we will be starting this term with fiction unit on traditional tales with alternative endings.
In Maths we will be concentrating on place value, multiplication and division and fractions.
For Science we will be learning about Electricity.
Our topic for this term will on the Anglo Saxons and Vikings.
In PE we will focussing on gymnastics along with swimming on a Friday.
For DT the children will be designing and building Viking Longboats.
Our RE theme for this term back is Community.
In PSHE our topics will be Living in the wider world.
In French our topic is 'What's the Time' and for Music our topic will be 'Lean on Me'.