Eagles Curriculum Map
Some useful Information.
Welcome To Egan's Eagles
Things to remember:
- P.E day's are Monday and Wednesday this term. For PE please can children come into school in their kit.
- Reading Books – In KS2 children have two reading books; a guided reading book to read in school and a home reading book to read at home. The home reading books will be changed once a week from January (every Monday). Please try and read with your child as much as you can at home even if it is just for a few minutes.
- Spellings – Words will be sent home every Monday via Seesaw to be learnt and practised for the test on Friday. Each word needs to be written in a sentence to show understanding of the meanings and to encourage the use of these words in independent writing.
- Homework – Homework will go home every Wednesday via Seesaw and is to be completed by the following Monday. The work will be on a variety of curriculum areas and support the class work. Please talk to your children about the work and ask them to explain to you what they are doing, as this will help their understanding.
- Seesaw - This will allow you to keep up to date with what your children are learning in class and see examples of their work and also allow access for any required Home Learning.
For English we will continue with the unit 'Stories on a Theme' and be using the book The Boy at the Back of the Class and a non fiction unit on persuasive writing.
In Maths we will be concentrating on measures, shape, fractions and statistics.
For Science we will be learning about Rocks.
Our topic for this term will on Coasts.
In PE we will focussing on Athletics and bat and ball games.
For Art he children will be learning about LS Lowry.
Our RE theme for this term is God's People.
In PSHE our topics will be Relationships.
In French our topic is French Transport and for music the class will be learning to play the ukulele.
In Computing we will be learning Animation.