Egan Eagle's Curriculum Map 2021/22
Some useful Information.
Welcome To Egan's Eagles
Things to remember:
- P.E day is Monday. For PE please can children come into school in their kit.
- Reading Books – In KS2 children have two reading books; a guided reading book to read in school and a home reading book to read at home. The home reading books will be changed once a week from January (every Monday). Please try and read with your child as much as you can at home even if it is just for a few minutes.
- Spellings – Words will be sent home every Monday via Seesaw to be learnt and practised for the test on Friday. Each word needs to be written in a sentence to show understanding of the meanings and to encourage the use of these words in independent writing.
- Homework – Homework will go home every Wednesday via Seesaw and is to be completed by the following Monday. The work will be on a variety of curriculum areas and support the class work. Please talk to your children about the work and ask them to explain to you what they are doing, as this will help their understanding.
- Seesaw - This will allow you to keep up to date with what your children are learning in class and see examples of their work and also allow access for any required Home Learning.
Welcome everyone to a new school year!
To start the new school year in English we will be studying Traditional Tales and reading a book called The Wolf's Secret by Myriam Dahman and Nicolas Digard.
In Maths we will be concentrating on place value and addition and subtraction.
For Science we will be learning about Living Things and Habitats.
In PE we will learning to play Tennis and also hopefully we will be starting swimming lessons this term (to be confirmed!).
For Art the children will be learning about the artist Sonia Delauney.
Our RE theme for this term back is The Family of God.
In PSHE our topics will be Health and Wellbeing.
In French our topic is 'Where in the World' and for Music our topic will be the topic 'Stop' from Charanga.