Eagles Curriculum Map 23/24
Some useful Information.
Welcome To Egan's Eagles
Things to remember:
- P.E day's are Wednesday and we will be swimming on Friday for the second Spring Term. For PE on Wednesday please can children come into school in their PE kits.
- Reading Books – In KS2 children have two reading books; a guided reading book to read in school and a home reading book to read at home. The home reading books will be changed once a week from January (every Monday). Please try and read with your child as much as you can at home even if it is just for a few minutes.
- Spellings – Words will be sent home every Friday to be learnt and practised for the test on the following Friday. Each word needs to be written in a sentence to show understanding of the meanings and to encourage the use of these words in independent writing.
- Homework – Homework will go home every Wednesday via Seesaw and is to be completed by the following Monday. The work will be on a variety of curriculum areas and support the class work. Please talk to your children about the work and ask them to explain to you what they are doing, as this will help their understanding.
- Seesaw - This will allow you to keep up to date with what your children are learning in class and see examples of their work and also allow access for any required Home Learning.
For English we will be studying a non fiction unit on Biographies of extraordinary animals.
In Maths we will be concentrating on perimeter, decimals and fractions.
In Science we will be learning about states of matter.
Our topic for this term will be learning about the Vikings.
In PE we will focussing on gymnastics and swimming.
For DT the children will be learning to make Viking runes and shields.
Our RE theme for this term is self discipline.
In PSHE our topics will be Healthy Eating.
In French our topic is French classroom.
In Computing we will be learning about online safety.
In Music our topic is developing singing.