Saint Mary's GIFT Team
At Saint Mary's we have 16 appointed members of the GIFT Team who work alongside Mrs Wolstenholme, Mr Crompton & Mrs Bentley. They play a vital role within the school in various ways to promote an environment where we 'live, learn and love with Jesus'. The GIFT Team all had to apply for their posts with a written letter to Mrs Wolstenholme.
Meet the GIFT Team Members: Each chaplain is presented with a golden star badge, which they wear with pride at school.
Our GIFT Team have many roles within our school:
- Upholding our school values as role models of our community
- Delivering daily Worship for the whole school through our Broadcast System
- Praying and leading worship during Assemblies and in classes throughout the school
- Organising and leading a weekly prayer group for all to attend
- Liaise with chaplains from other schools to share ideas and pray together as a wider community of God.
Action Plan 2019-2020
Our GIFT team have their own action plan of things they want to work on this year. Have a look at their action plan using the PDF for the things that will be coming up.
Training 20th September 2019
8 lucky members of our GIFT team were chosen to attend the training day at Salford Diocese with Sister Judith Russi. It was a fantastic day and they really enjoyed creating their action plan and getting to know other pupils from different schools. At the end, we had a special Mass with Canon McBride who presented them with certifactes and commissioned them as GIFT Chaplains.